Best Soft Tip Darts Review 2018(Real Reviews Inside)
It is said that dart games were originated in the medieval times. But legacy goes on.These days dart boards are so popular around the globe. There are two types of the dart- soft tip darts and steel tip darts. We are going to talk about the best soft tip darts review here. The use of soft tip darts goes backin the 70’s. Back then it was simpler in design and methods. But these days soft tip darts are in various designs, methods and pre installed games. Although the darts we use to play didn’t change that much, except for the tip- of-course. If you have chosen the soft tip darts then this is the right place to find the best soft tip darts review.
TOP 6 BEST SOFT TIP DARTS REVIEW 2018
For Quick Check!!
Comparison Chart(Best Soft Tip Darts)
What are the things you consider before buying the best soft tip darts?
Obviously your style of playing. Different styles require different materials. If you are going to play on a plastic board, you’ll need soft tip darts. This can get very confusing if you are the first time to buy darts. But, not to worry anymore. We are here to help.
There are several factors to look out for when you are looking for best soft tip darts.
- There should be 90% tungsten present. It is undoubtedly the best material for a dart. Also brass is a fair material. But tungsten is the best.
- Titanium finishing is just the perfect characteristic. When the durability is considered, titanium stays for a very long time than paint. Unlike paint, which just looks good, it will not be faded any time soon.
- Another important character to look for is the weight. The perfect weight gives it a good balance. Although a seasoned player may be comfortable with heavier ones, as a beginner you should go with the 18-gram soft tip darts.
06 Best Soft Tip Darts & Their Reviews
Here we researched through a lot of darts and found out the best six(06) soft tip darts for you. Have a look at the best soft tip darts review
- Viper Diamond 90% Tungsten Soft Tip Darts
- Bottelsen GT III 90% Tungsten Soft Tip Dart
- Bottelsen Skinny’s Tough Koat 90% Tungsten Soft Tip Dart
- Viper Bully 80% Tungsten Soft Tip Darts
- Arachnid Tungsten Soft Tip Darts (18-Gram)
- L.E.D STEP 18 Grams Brass Barrels Soft Tip Darts
Our Top Pick: Viper Diamond 90% Tungsten
Finding something that is great in performance and looks both? If the answer is yes, you might want to check this one out. Viper Diamond 90% Tungsten Soft Tip Darts with Storage/Travel Case by GLD products is one hell of a product for this purpose.
- This product features a diamond cut locking hole shaft which is made of aluminum. Aluminum gives it strength and tough grip, as well as the diamond cut, adds a fierce look.
- It has right fitted locking hole
- The 90% tungsten and 10% nickel ensures the durability of the darts than most of the others as well as the perfect balance.
- These darts are decorated with knurled grip. Also, there is rings and deep grooves.
- Deluxe dart pal case is available with the set. It is equipped with a soft cloth lining and a hard outlook.
- You’ll get an extra set of convex nylon shaft, flight, flight protector, 2BA dart points and a dart mechanic wrench with the set.
- You can get flights with holographic design in three colors-blue silver and black.
- 90% tungsten made barrel gives the dart durability, balance and good look all at once.
- The knurled grip allows you to have a consistent hand placement.
- It has a protective box.
- Ensures tight locking hole, so no need to retighten after one or two use.
- The flights with holographic design give high speed.
- Comparatively smaller case.
- The flight may seem little slack.
Bottelsen GT III 90% Tungsten Soft Tip Dart
Bottelsen, a well-known name in the industry has come up with this amazing model of soft tip darts. We must say, they have done a pretty good job with this The Bottelsen GT III 90% Tungsten Soft Tip Dart.
- The locking O rings make it an amazing dart. This is a really appreciable feature because an improperly locked darts can degrade the balance as well as might get damaged.
- GT screw in the shaft
- The thrust cut barrel is another feature in this dart.
- 2 inches long, smooth cut grip and metal case make it irresistible
- 90% tungsten and 10% nickel made barrel gives a quality finish and durability
- Strong flight with the logo of the brand to give it sophistication
- Comes with a deluxe ‘Croco’ case
- O-rings gives a more secure locking system, so no fear of falling apart
- The thrust cut barrel ensures a larger gripping area
- Well, the balanced design ensures the dart to hit the board correctly, so no fear of falling in the ground and being worn off.
- The deluxe Croco bag adds a lot of styles
- If handled poorly, the flight may come off sometimes
- It might seem a little bit expensive for them who are just starting
Viper Bully 80% Tungsten Soft Tip Darts
GLD products bring this amazing soft tip dart which is designed for the electronic or digital board. This soft tip dart does justice to the price for sure.
- 80% tungsten and 20% nickel barrel makes it very strong and durable
- Knurled bands are places strategically with deep grooves and rings
- The aluminum shaft with a diamond cut which features a tighter locking hole
- Soft cloth lined inner and hart outer shelled deluxe dart pal case
- Slim body profile makes it easy to operate and increase the scoring possibility
- Excellent consistent grip due to the knurled barrel with grooves and rings
- The diamond cut shaft with locking hole makes it so tight that no need to adjust again and again
- Flights, three extra nylon replacement shafts, nine 2BA Tufflex II Tips, Dart mechanic repair tool, three flight protectors are provided
- May not look so great at first sight
- Tips may not seem so great
Arachnid Tungsten Soft Tip Darts (18-Gram)
Arachnid made this one with two different material percentage- 80% and 90% tungsten. Both are great in quality with slight differences.
- Thinner barrel diameter and shorter in length than some other darts
- 80% and 90% tungsten alloy mixed up with respectively 20% and 10% nickel which gives strength
- Each darts weighs 18 grams
- 3 darts with 3 spare flights, 3 spare shafts, 7 spare points, and the deluxe SideRider case are provided with each set
- Darts are made of tungsten alloy which gives you the durability
- One year warranty against any defects in the set
- You have two choices to choose from
- For your belt, you get SideRider case clips
- Not a great shaft, could be better
- Could be little cheaper
L.E.D Step 18 Grams Brass Barrels Soft Tip Darts
Amazing looks, good performance, and cheap price, what else do you need?
- Barrel made of high-quality brass- almost 18 grams
- Detachable design so full freedom of customization
- Dart flights are folding PVC material
- Ring prevents loosening the shafts over time
- Unbreakable 2 BA aluminum dart shaft which is very durable
- High-quality brass barrel provides stability, balance, and durability
- Nice and sturdy darts with exceptional color
- Good weight and good grip comes with the steel barrel and aluminum shaft
- Two different types of flight increase the dart speed and withstand the air to reduce drag
- Good performance considering the price
- The case is sometimes firm and hard to open
- Tip quality may seem little questionable
Botttelsen skinny’s tough coat 90% Tungsten Soft Tip Dart
Bottelsen is one of the most popular brands because of it’s amazing lineup of darts. These soft tip darts with attractive flights and durability are one of the top choices around the globe.
- 90% tungsten barrel content gives an amazing look and a good feeling about the performance and also ensures the durability for a very long time.
- Anodized Aluminum shaft offers strength
- Very slim and narrow barrel which gives a nice balance
- The knurling on the barrel gives the darts a great grip
- The flights are very thin and firm, also comes with a logo
- Comes with deluxe Croco case
- Ensures great balance while throwing because of the lightweight structure
- The knurled grip allows having a consistent hand placement
- logo flight giving a stylish look
- Moderately priced which makes them quite affordable
- The case might not seem very up to date
- No extra set of equipment is provided
We already said, choosing the best soft tip darts can be tricky as there are so many different products with different quality and prices. All the products mentioned above are renowned brands with great performance. The customer reviews are very positive towards them. We researched the market and reviewed some of the best products for you which are listed here. So. If you are a great fan of dart games and want to enjoy a good game, or even if you are a beginner, just trying your luck for the frost time, both will find the discussion very useful. So, why waiting? Let’s play.
Beginner’s Buying Guide-Best Soft Tip Darts Review
Finding the good darts aren’t that hard if you are a seasoned and experienced player. But this might get tricky when it comes to the beginners. Because honestly there are many low-quality darts among the good ones which can be very hard to find out. But let me tell you if you know how the darts work, you’ll be able to differentiate the good darts from the bad ones. Before finding your right choice with which you will be comfortable to play with, you have to go through a lot of darts. Why spend so much money? Let’s check the guidelines before stepping out to buy darts.
The most important characteristics of a good dart are the weight, type of stem, barrel grip and the flight design. Because these defines a dart’s performance. So these are the most considerable facts to check out first. Also, there’s the cost. With quality, the cost varies. You don’t want to buy a set of darts of poor quality for a fortune. So all these should be considered before buying the ideal dart. Let’s go through the guide to know all about a good dart.
Parts of darts
There are 4 main parts in a dart. The following parts will be seen upon dissolving a dart:
- The point:
There are two types of tips. The plastic made soft tip darts and the steel made hard tip dart.
See below to find out the basic differences between the soft tip and hard tip darts:
|Soft tip darts
|Hard tip darts
|Plastic tipped darts which Is usually used on electronic boards
|Steel made sharp tipped darts which has been used traditionally for a long time
|Can be used only on electronic or plastic boards
|Can be used verily cork, paper or bristle dartboards
|Flexible and very easy to maintain
|Costly to replace but can be sharpened to reuse
- The barrel
Barrel is the most important part of a dart. It is the middle part which is a bit weighted and provides grip at this section while throwing. It can be made of different materials with different grips, usually known as knurls. Some knurls are heavy and some are smooth. Weight is another important factor of the barrel. For the beginners, we recommend the heavier ones, because it gives precision and balance.
Barrels can be made of either brass or tungsten. When brass is lighter and less expensive, tungsten made darts are heavier and for an experienced player. Different percentages of tungsten (70%, 80%, 90%) are alloys with nickel to make them better to perform.
The shaft is the point where the grip and flight meets. Nowadays shafts are made up of various range of materials such as plastic, nylon, aluminum etc. Plastic or nylon shafts are very easy to use and also not much expensive. But the downside of these is they are easily broken down. On the other hand, the aluminum made shafts are strong, durable and stylish too. Relatively costlier than plastic ones, but no tension of breaking down. In repetitive uses the just bend a little. You can straighten them to use again. There are these another type – carbon fiber made shafts. Which are durable like aluminum but doesn’t bend.
- Dart flight
The back part of the dart is called flight. They come in various size, design, and colors. Mainly these parts add balance to the darts. But at the same time, they make the dart look stylish too.
Specifics of darts
The darts can typically be made of plastics or metals.
Plastics are comparatively easier to maintain, cheap in cost. So it is totally recommended for the beginners who are just trying for the first time. On the other hand, metals like brass, tungsten are used in the barrels and shafts. Brass is lighter in weight, so they are used for the longer darts. Tungsten is used for relatively shorter darts as they are a bit heavy.
For beginners, there may not seem any differences in weights but weight has a very vital role in performance. Usually, the weight from 12 grams to 60 grams. The performance depends on the weight if darts. The lighter darts need more power to throw to withstand the air. The weighted ones can withstand the air so easily, that they don’t need to throw hard. Again some darts have the weight in the front part and some have in the rear part. Usually, 22 to 24-gram weight for steel tip darts and 18 gm weight for soft tip darts are suggested for better performance.
There are many different kinds of flights available and this is one important specification for darts. The size, shape, and design are not only to make the dart look better but has a great impact on performance. For example, if you want to throw fast and quick, you should choose the smaller and narrower flights. And if you want your dart to go slow, go for the larger flight which will provide stability and balance.
Painted finishing is used mainly for a good look. It makes the dart look better.
Whereas titanium coated darts not only gives a sleek look but also ensures durability. Like paint, it doesn’t get faded, withered or dirty. Titanium coat also prevents the tungsten or other metal underneath from corroding. This doesn’t add more weight than the dart already has, and but enhances the grip.
How to take care of dart
Taking care of your darts will improve the lifetime of darts. No matter how expensive your dart is, they need to be taken care of. If not looked after properly, it won’t serve you for a longer time.
- Sharpen your darts
Although this Is not needed in soft tip darts, the steel tip darts need sharpening. If not sharpened regularly, it won’t be stuck to the board, no matter how hard you throw. A sharpening stone and the dart should be held parallel while sharpening. Then rub against the stone very carefully and keep rotating. The tip should be round not pointy. So rub the pointy head against the stone to make it a bit round. Do not over sharpen the dart. Check regularly to keep the dart well.
Clean the darts
By regular use the darts get dirty. For a better use and a longer durability clean it regularly. The dart gets dirty with oil, mud and gets sticky. Use mild wet wipes (with alcohol) to clean the dart. This will remove all the dirt and helps them not to get slippery so you can get a consistent throw.
How much should I pay for good darts?
Well, there are many brands and shops for darts of different pieces and quality. So you have to think carefully before buying one. Cause higher quality requires higher cost. But again, your skills should also be considered. I mean, as a beginner you should not buy a high-end expensive sort of darts which will not match your skill set. Come on, you are just starting. And with time as you’ll get skilled, you can put your hands on the costlier ones.
Frequently Asked Questions: Best Soft Tip Darts Review
1.Does the weight of dart really matter?
Answer: Well, for the beginners the weight may not matter. They probably wouldn’t notice any difference between different darts. But for a season player dirt weight is an important factor when it comes to performance. They prefer a certainly weighted dart which they are comfortable with. Because weight plays a vital role in speed. Lightweight darts need more power to throw and to hit the target. On the other hand, heavy darts don’t need much push cause it can withstand the air and easily hit the target. Usually soft tip darts weight range from 14-20 gm and steel tip darts weight from 18-26 gm.
2. What are the differences between soft tip dart and steel tip dart?
Answer: These two are different types of darts usually used. Soft tip darts are used for digital or electronic boards usually. The main characteristic lies within the name- it has a soft and flexible nylon or plastic tip. Although the rest of the body of the dart is as usual as others. Soft tip darts tend to be a bit lighter than steel tip dart, usually from 16-18 gms. Steel tip darts are generally used with a bristle or sisal dartboard. The tip is made of steel and very sharp. They come with both detachable and fixed points. They weight from 20 to 28 gms. These darts are mostly used by the experienced or professional players.
Tags: best darts, best soft tip darts, soft tip darts, soft tip darts reviews
Categorised in: Darts Review